6 October 2013

Never been good at being satisfied

I guess I've never been good at the "being satisfied" thing. I can recall this, this and perhaps this; and very often I encounter myself struggling with the "being happy, but never satisfied" feeling.
Even though I can be utterly and wholeheartedly grateful for all that I have, I always want and need more, and most of the times it means to move, to go, to change [places, people, lifestyle]...
I dream high, I aspire high (hey, I'm also talking about this) and so I get easily trapped on the webs of tiresome and boredom. Trying to learn something new everyday it's a priority for me (autodidact included), I like to be challenged and to challenge myself. Truth is, reeeally good things happened to me during the past year (mainly) (how  many times more will I repeat this?!) and it's with a great joy that I look back and see my own evolution, but now I guess it's time again...

I apologise for not translate the following poem to english, you know, I have hard feelings on poetry translations, especially with the portuguese language - my soul - (so may google translate rock your world!), but anyway I'm sharing a special one from a portuguese poet: 

Estou cansada, cada vez mais incompreendida e insatisfeita comigo, com a vida e com os outros. Diz-me, porque não nasci igual aos outros, sem dúvidas, sem desejos de impossível? E é isto que me traz sempre desvairada, incompatível com a vida que toda a gente vive...

Florbela Espanca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...