26 November 2014

I need to be alone


It's true: I need to be alone quite often.
I believe that our own selves is the only thing we have for sure, and we must be comfortable with our own skin and persona to enjoy solitude and even moments of loneliness. I think this a crucial experience in life, no other way we can find and get to know ourselves if we are afraid of our own lives. 
In the past years, I've been finding myself enjoying and reveling on moments alone more than anything in the world, because that's when I tend to do whatever I want to do, not depending on external factors. I'm such a demanding and thoughtful person and, more often than not, I accept nothing but the best for my life. This characteristic of mine inevitably makes it hard to find pleasure in being surrounded by people with whom I can't find empathy. I've had (I still do!) actually some moments when I couldn't avoid some social life which turned out to be a tremendous effort. Luckily, and thanks to some maturation of my personality and some personal choices, these moments are more and more rare.
Sometimes I get to realize the amount of people I cutted out of my life and it simply amazes me, I love it! It's something so empowering!
The same goes for other moments, take a job for instance. I'm no good on keeping up with things that don't please me.
Learning to say no and get to know ourselves are really very important steps for quality of life. It's a process, it's a process though...

I need to be alone for certain periods of time or I violate my own rhythm.  

Lee Krasner


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...