12 March 2013

The French "JeNeSaisQuois"...

Reading the text I'll expose below, I realized I've spoken about the french style being my favorite one several times on my blog (here, here , here & here!), but I have never talked about it in depth. So, today, I'll take advantage from this post from Sabrina and made her words mine.

Et voilà!

"If I had to point out one woman in the world that is the perfect chic, it would to be the French. Or maybe I should say it is the Parisiennes, since I certainly do not know much about other places in France. I mean I have been camping once or twice in the sunny side of France (ok I admit, just once), but I have not seen enough to be able to write about.
So let’s talk about Paris and its chic inhabitants. Think Coco Chanel, Carine Roitfeld, Emmanuelle Alt, Clémence Poésy, Vanessa Paradis, Audrey Tautou, Marion Cotillard…all chic to the next level, though never ever overdone. They have that certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ (hey, it is not a French saying for nothing) that the rest of us woman just can not put our finger on. I do not even know if they can put their finger on it themselves.
To me, the French are like nude make-up, looking like they spend less than five minutes in front of the mirror in the morning, secretly taking hours and hours to pick their dark grey skinny jeans and perfect blazer.
Now I do not know any French women personally, so for me this is all just random guessing, but I feel like they work hard to be able to pretend like they could not care less and give the impression it all comes naturally. So what is the epitome of French chic exactly? The answer probably does not lie in their closets, but in their confidence. Right? Hmmm, je ne really sais pas, but j’adore!"

in afterDRK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...