10 April 2013

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst."

I read this quote from Henri Cartier-Bresson the other day and it made me think...

Firstly, it made me realize I DO have a favorite photo, "THE" photograph, and it came immediatly to my mind.
Secondly, it made me realize I could add just a few more to the favorite-pictures-taken-by-me-list. Not much really, only 3 or 4 more. It took me less than 5 minutes to decide which ones they are and, in the end, I concluded that they are quite similiar in their "essence": there is always an unexpected person that "plays the main role", but, at same time, is swallowed by the scenario. Or the reverse. It's like a portrait without face, or correctly it's a snapshot.
More, none of these photos [see below] were predicted to be like this, it was a matter of seconds and everything/everyone changed (the beauty of the unexpected...), probably the time of blinking your eyes and 'shot'.
Finally and in case you don't understand me, well, excuse me, but "the beauty is in the eye of the observant".

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst."
Henri Cartier-Bresson








1, 2*, 3: A., Paris 2010 (see more here)
4: unknown people in Navigli market, Milano 2012 (see more here)
5, 6, 7: unknown people, Wien 2012 (see more here)


*The 2nd photo was taken precisely at Henri Cartier-Bresson Fondation.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...